HULL AND DECK
- Fiberglass hull and deck including lazarette and port side cockpit lockers with hatches
- Foam filled fiberglass rudder with reinforcement for hardware
- Underwater areas utilize skin coats of vinyl ester resin
- See Fabrication Process for details on these major components of the Bristol Channel Cutter
- See Specifications for dimensional details.
EXTERIOR WOOD WORK
All exterior wood is Honduras Mahogany. It includes bulwarks, taffrail, boomkin, three hatches, two drop boards, rudder cheeks, cockpit coaming, boom gallows and bitts, two deck boxes for propane lockers, two hand rails, eyebrow, all trim. The exceptions are the tiller, which is laminated ash and mahogany, and the bowsprit, which is vertical grain Douglas Fir.
All exterior wood has two coats of teak oil. Bowsprit and tiller have 3 coats of Varnish.
Double chain rollers on Gammon Iron
Compass (Ritchie BN-202)
Ventilation and Natural Lighting
- Six 7″ bronze Portholes
- Two 5″ bronze Dead Lights on Scuttle Hatch
- Skylight and Scuttle Hatch hinge in both directions to act as air scoops
- All teak blocks
- Two bronze Lewmar B30STB self tailing , two speed Jib sheet winches, mounted on bronze winch bases.
- Two Lewmar B16STB self tailing staysail winches mounted on teak pads on aft cabin top
- Three bronze Lewmar B8B halyard winches mounted on mast
- Bronze winch cleats
- Halyards of 7/16″ 3-Strand Dacron
- Sheets of high quality double braid Dacron
Mast and Boom
- Forespar custom welded aluminum mast and boom with double spreaders.
- Steaming Lights (P&S) on Mast Below Spreaders
- Tri Color and Anchor Light Combination
- Delrin fid for locking retracting bowsprit in place
- 1 x 19 Sailbrite 316 stainless steel rigging, rotary swaged to chrome plated bronze turnbuckles.
- Chain plates, tangs, cranse iron, gammon iron, boomkin plates, etc. are 304 stainless steel
- Bronze hawse ports
- Bronze boom gallows knees
- Three Heavy Duty Rudder Pintle and Gudgeon Sets, of silicon bronze with Nylatron bushings
- Single life lines with gates port and starboard
- Hatch hardware in bronze
- Henderson manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Companionway lock
- Main, Yankee and Staysail with sheets and sailbags
- Mainsail Cover
- 37 gallons of water ( Polyethylene Water Tanks) set under the cabin sole and adds to the ballast when filled.
- Stainless steel plate size galley sink (12″ x 12″ x 8″ Deep)
- Salt water plumbed to the Galley sink with Whale foot pump
- A Brass Fynspray pump is used to pump fresh water to galley
- Galley plate holder
- Galley pull-up work surface
- Propane Stove, Force 10 – 2 Burner with Oven
- Chart table over ice box
- Icebox has a large opening to accept large ice blocks
- All doors and drawers have finger latches
- All drawers have stops to prevent them from sliding out accidentally
- A fiddle has been installed behind the sink to prevent water from running into the lockers and bins
Saloon and Quarter Berth
- Teak table with removable fold down leaf
- Choice to have table permanent or removable
- Teak liquor cabinet Pull out double berth on port side
- Single settee berth on starboard side
- Quarter berth on starboard side
- Teak ladder hinges up to clip onto overhead or is removable for longer access
- Teak battery box under ladder keeps the weight low
- Workbench or single berth
- Aromatic cedar lined hanging lockers
- Head, Lavac (Vacuum) with Henderson pump
- Holding Tank, 16 gallon, black Polyethylene
- Yanmar 3 YM 30F 29 hp. (3 cyl, fresh water cooled)
- Engine Controls – Morse Control
- Dripless Shaft Log
- Two Blade Bronze Prop, 16″X11″ RH1/8″
- Welded aluminum – 32 Gallon Diesel Tank
- 16 breaker DC distribution panel with metering.
- 7 ABI Interior Lights
- 1 ALPENGLOW Interior Light
- 1 Alpenglow Florescent light in the main salon.
- Single house bank system of one G27 Gel marine batteries, plus a single G27 Gel engine starting battery.
- Stock Yanmar alternator of 55 Amp output
- Copper foil Radio Ground Strap Bonded to Lead Ballast, terminates at the navigation station and at the boomkin for backstay antenna installation.
- Electrical Bilge Pump with Float Switch
- Insulation under cabin roof, under decks and hull side
- All cushions
- One 10.4# Aluminum Propane tank installed in deck box