Shanti BCC No. 85 Now For Sale
Posted by: Guitarlos
Date: June 24, 2005 01:27AM
Shanti, BCC No. 85, lying in Newport Beach, CA, is now for sale. Shanti was built from a hull and deck by the original owners, and launched in 1989. The original owners, took her from Los Angeles to the Sea of Cortez, Cabo San Lucas, and Puerta Vallarta, Mexico and back to San Diego, where she spent a number of years before I purchased her in 1999. As the cabin (built for someone less tall than I) was not to my liking, I contacted Mike Anderson (the only shipwright recommended by Roger Olsen, then the owner of the Sam Morse Co.), who helped me redesign the main cabin interior in a manner similar to Taleisen and built it beautifully in teak and birch. See Mike's website at Andersonboatworks.com (www.andersonboatworks.com/Luna-Finished.htm) for pictures of the finished interior; click on www.andersonboatworks.com/pano/virtual_tour.htm for a 360 degree virtual tour of Shanti's main cabin; I was going to rename her Luna at the time (hence her name is "Luna" on Mike's website), but for reasons too teduous and painful to recall I did not.
- A full set of working sails (heavy Dacron, three rows of reefs in mail and stays'l, jiffy reefing system. Jib and stays'l are hanked; no roller furling.
- Spliced, oversized rigging
- Furuno 1621 radar
- Garmin Fishfinder on chart table with cockpit repeater
- Blake's kerosine stove
- New drifter (a joy to use), used about 5 times.
- Newer Lavac head located under watch seat
- 18 hp Volvo Penta auxillary
- Freehand windvane
- Completely newly revamped (2005) electrical system, with Ample Power regulator and EMON.
Please feel free to contact me by return e-mail.