FC Forum : Sam L. Morse Forums
News, views and discussion on the Lyle Hess designed Sam L. Morse Falmouth Cutter
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Ratcliffe Self Steering Available
Posted by: tomfrenock (IP Logged)
Date: August 1, 2009 01:56AM
Category: Autopilots and windvanes

I have the Ratcliffe vane-steering unit that was installed on Seacall by the original owner. A previous owner removed it ... looks like the second owner had it installed on the archive pic [homepage.mac.com], so it was some time after then ... and a Raymarine tiller pilot replaced its function. I am happy with the tiller pilot and do not plan any long-distance passages, so it is sitting in my garage waiting for someone to appreciate it.

It seems that all of the parts are there, but I did not do a detailed inventory of the smaller attachments and fittings. It is in good condition, with very little surface staining on the SS parts. I can provide photos and do a better inventory if anyone is interested. I forgot to say that the original type-written manual is included.

I looked into the BCC forum, and a Ratcliffe unit was for sale for $500, which sounds reasonable for this one. If you are interested, drop me a line.

Re: Ratcliffe Self Steering Available
Posted by: tomfrenock (IP Logged)
Date: November 11, 2009 09:16PM
Category: Autopilots and windvanes

Sold

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
copyright Coledata, Inc. 2008