BCC Forum : Sam L. Morse Forums
News, views and discussions on Lyle Hess Yachts, focussed primarily on the Bristol Channel Cutter
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
BCC Vega, Portland, OR
Posted by: svshaula (IP Logged)
Date: June 16, 2018 10:30PM
Category: Miscellaneous

Vega (home port Portland OR) is a Cape George Marine Works boat that I found tied up at Boat Haven, Port Townsend, WA.

This article describes CGMWs first BCC and Vega is their #2. I guess it's to be expected that BCCs are considered to be "cult boats" by some?? [www.ptleader.com]

The owner wasnt around so I was unable to look at the interior or ask questions.

The exterior woodwork were done to a very high professional standard. The rudder cheeks, boomkin,taffrail, tiller, bowsprit and eyebrow are all finished bright. The skylight and fore hatch were covered so are perhaps also bright? The companion way hatch and its turtle are painted and may be made of FG. The bulwarks are painted off-white on the inner side and black on outer side. The topsides are a very dark blue. The chain plates, bowsprit and boomkin hardware,etc. were all bronze.

It's a gorgeous BCC! Hopefully we'll see it out cruising in BC, Canada this summer. I'll try and post some photos from my phone. We're in Nanaimo, on our way to Desolation Sound for the summer and won't have much wifi or data.
Dan Shaula

Re: BCC Vega, Portland, OR
Posted by: Bil (IP Logged)
Date: June 17, 2018 04:43AM

Wonderful, Dan!

Thanks v much for the news and the link to ptleader.com.

Posted by: Dioscouri (IP Logged)
Date: June 17, 2018 04:02PM

Great news to hear that more BCCs are being built.

Dan, youve got a great stretch of fantastic weather ahead - enjoy!

Gary

Posted by: svshaula (IP Logged)
Date: June 19, 2018 12:41AM

Yes, summer is here, with a vengeance! We had 85F inside the boat at the Nanaimo anchorage! Made it to Pender Hbr. Almost there!

I'm having trouble reducing the photos to the required under .5MB. Using a Macbook and iPhoto. Probably should be using a different photo app?

Posted by: John Cole (IP Logged)
Date: June 19, 2018 07:11AM

Try reducing image sizes to 72 pixels per inch.

John Cole
[www.coledata.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
copyright Coledata, Inc. 2008