BCC Maintenance Tips : Sam L. Morse Forums
Selected items on BCC maintenance: Users cannot post or reply to these messages - please use the BCC Forum. You will find the original thread by copying the subject line and pasting it into the search engine.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posting to the Gallery
Posted by: John Cole (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2011 10:54AM
Category:

PLEASE ENSURE THE FILENAME OF THE IMAGE INCLUDES YOUR BOAT NAME
(I have no way of knowing which personal gallery to place them in. Please contact me with the boat name and identify, by copying the caption for those images stuck in the "New Uploads" folder.

Posting Images in the Galleries:

One must login to post photos and the images should be resized to 600 X 800 pixels or less and the resolution should be about 100 pixels or less. This will not degrade image viewing quality but will save bandwidth and server storage space.

Go to the Forum List,

Select "Gallery" in the upper menu task bar,

Scroll down to "New Upload" and select/click it,

A new page opens with one image named "Whitestone Bridge NY.jpj"

In the upper right of the page in the task bar are three options [Admin Options], [slideshow], [login]

Click the down arrow next to [Admin Options] to open a menu,

Select "Add Photos" to open the photo posting box,

Select the number of photo you want to post (1 - 10)

On the right of a filename box, select "browse,"

Find the filename of the photo on your computer to post, highlight the photo and click "open," This will paste the filename into the filename box.

(NOTE: If you are uploading images to the gallery section of the site, ensure your vessel's name is included in the filename so that we can allocate it to the correct vessel, i.e. myboatsname_engine1.jpg)

Fillout the Caption Box under the filename box,

Once you have filled all the filename boxes with the images you want to post to the Gallery, go to the bottom of the page and select an option - "Use filename as caption if no caption is specified" - recommended.

In the lower right hand corner of the page select "Upload Now" to upload the images or "Cancel" to cancel the operation.

Photos will be posted to the appropriate album by the website administrator.

John Cole
[www.coledata.com]

This Thread has been closed
copyright Coledata, Inc. 2008